Saturday, January 5, 2008

Sunny and 72 Degrees

I love Florida. I don't get down here very often, but when I do, I absolutely love it. Eric and I are down here for a campus ministry retreat with Impact Ministries. We flew in on Thursday evening/Friday Morning (supposed to get in around 10:30 on a flight from Dayton through Cincinnati, but one was delayed so we ended up going through Atlanta and getting in after midnight...gotta love the airports). It is beautiful down here, and much better than the 42 degrees and rainy it would be in Cincinnati right now.

Eric and I are trying to come up with our year-long goals for this year...not resolutions just goals. I recently saw a church sign that said "I hope your troubles last as long as your New Year's Resolutions." Made me laugh. Probably the best church sign I've seen in a long time. Haven't solidified them yet, but perhaps when we do I'll throw them on here so you guys can pray for us, encourage us, and keep us accountable in them.

I've met some pretty cool people here. One couple lives/ministers at a University in Munich. She's from Arnold, MO, he's from Northern Ireland. Pretty interesting couple. VERY passionate about what they do. Then again, everyone here is passionate about what they do. It really is encouraging to be around these people. Definitely something I should do at least once a year. It's hard to sit here and not be fired up about doing campus ministry. But that's it's desired effect so I'd say it's working.

I'll fly back to Cincinnati tomorrow to resume my daily grind of tutoring kids in math. I shouldn't be counting down the days until the end of the semester, but I definitely am. It's not that I'm not appreciative of this job, I just can't wait for my own classroom. But I think I've said that before.

Anyway, just wanted to give you guys a brief update. We had the best Christmas ever this year, and maybe when I get home I can put pictures and stuff up to document the amazing time we had.

I know it's a little late, but happy new year!

No comments: