Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Love My Husband :)

I have to admit that there are times when I wish my husband was slightly more romantic, planning dates and surprise outings, flowers, etc. But, those times when he does plan things remind me of exactly how good I've got it.

Last year for our anniversary, Eric surprised me with a trip to Gatlinburg, TN, which was about an hour and a half or two hours from where we were living at the time. I told him then that he'd set the bar pretty high for himself. This year, while I know he really wanted to do something like that, financially it was not a wise move. But, he still made sure to plan a good date night/couple of days. We're getting ready to go see the Sweeney Todd movie (which I know doesn't sound romantic, but given how much I want to see it, it's very romantic for me :)), and then he's taking me to this Italian Restaurant down in Kenwood called Maggianno's Little Italy. My family first discovered this restaurant in Chicago 5 or 6 years ago, and ever since then when we would go back to Chicago we always made a point to go. This summer we found out there is one in Cincinnati. I'm super excited. And tomorrow, we're going to use some gift cards my parents gave us to go to Red Lobster for lunch. I'm going to be so full for the next day and a half but it's totally worth it because I love those two restaurants.

My husband is so good to me. I love it when he plans things for us to do. Happy Anniversary to us! (and yay for 3-day weekends in which to celebrate)

P.S. In case anyone wanted to know, unloading a trailer at 7 in the morning to set up church when it's 3 degrees outside is not fun. Way too cold for my tastes...

Go Patriots and Packers!!!!

No comments: