Thursday, January 24, 2008

Job #2

Well, I may have finally successfully gotten a second job. I've been wanting to get a part time job so that we could be a little bit more financially secure. We could make it on just what Eric and I make right now, but it's nice to have a little breathing room/extra money to put toward debt.

I seriously considered Starbucks for a couple of major perks: benefits and coffee :). Eric and I desperately need some health insurance. We've been without it for the entire time we've been married, which is scary at best. So, the thought of having health insurance that someone else helps pay for is very nice. And, getting a free pound of coffee a week was a nice perk too. I drink coffee every morning (the teacher's drug of choice), and ever since our good friend Andrea started giving us coffee while she worked there, we've gotten quite spoiled on the good coffee. Folger's just doesn't do it for us anymore.

BUT...the thought of having to get up even earlier in the morning (aka...at work at 5:30) on the mornings that are supposed to be my days off (like Saturdays) really didn't appeal to me...

SO...when Andrea told me that she had a friend who is a manager at the new IKEA here in Cincinnati, I decided to give her a call. Turns out they too have benefits for part time employees, and there won't be any 5:30 starts working there. I had an interview today, and Tara (the manager) said that unless something in my background check sends up red flags, I should have a part time cashier job there starting in mid-February when training starts (the store doesn't actually open until March 12).

They have some pretty cool stuff at IKEA, which is a Swedish furniture/home decor store. If you'd like to check out their stuff, you can go their website.

Just thought I'd share that bit of exciting news in our lives. Other than that, life is still pretty boring :)

No comments: