Friday, January 18, 2008

3-day weekends...

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love what I do for a living. No, maybe I should say that I love the idea of what I WILL do for a living once I get an actual teaching job. But it can really take a lot out of you. I already know that I am going to live for the weekends. If you ever hear anyone say that teaching must be an easy job...laugh at them. Then tell them you know someone who is a teacher and that you know the truth. Teachers deserve all the breaks they get. But, that's a soapbox and I will now step down.

All that is to say that I am so thankful that this is a three day weekend. I think this semester is gonna be a little more tiring than last semester. The students we will be having seem like easier students to deal with, but there's more of them. Last semester, our average class was around 7 (which I realize sounds low, but think of the hardest, most down and out kids you know and combine them with very stubborn, "tough" kids, and that's the 7 kids we have...it can get quite frustrating). This semester our average is around 10 or 11.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I can see it. And in the mean time, I'm going to enjoy my three day weekend :)

No comments: