Monday, January 14, 2008

Wishes for a "specle" birthday!


This card is a birthday card from me to my mom in 1990 (think 8 year old Kerri...who apparently couldn't spell the word special). "Specle" has been one of those inside jokes for our family ever since then. And today is her birthday again, so I just wanted to say happy birthday to my mom. I say it all the time, and I know it's cliche and corny, but my mom really is my hero. All that she's been through, all that she does every day, and yet she still stays sane (well, mostly...). Our family would not be what it is, nor do I think we would have survived without killing one another had she not been there to be the mediator. She gives me hope to be a better wife and a good mom. If I do marriage and children nearly half as well as she has, I will be content.

But anyway, I just wanted to tell her that I love her and I hope she had a fabulous birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet card.

Yes, we got a new car! A Honda CR-V. Green and perfect!

We love it!

:)