Friday, August 17, 2007

Welcome to college...freshmen

Yesterday was hot...very hot. And because it was so hot, we decided to do what any good American would do on such a stifling midwest day: we stayed inside in the air conditioning. Almost. No, actually, yesterday was freshman orientation day at Oxford. Eric and I went up there and helped the kids move into their dorms for the first time. And, yes, it was quite hot. I don't sweat very much, but I was drenched yesterday. Thanksfully, Katie came out and helped some, and a couple of guys from the Liberty church came in the afternoon. It was a lot of hard work, but very good to go help out some and get our name out there a little.

Today, we were up at Oxford again, this time painting our ministry building. It's starting to look less like a jr. high youth group room, and more like a college campus ministry. Hopefully we can get it all done by Wednesday.

I also remembered that I never wrote on here about Eric preaching last Sunday in Liberty, IN. That church contributes to the ministry, so we were invited to come out and introduce ourselves. I have to say, I was a little nervous about how Eric would do. The last (and only) time I've heard him preach he didn't do a very good job (something he would tell you). But, he actually did awesome on Sunday. He was funny, captured people's attention, and then delivered a very interesting sermon. I was pretty impressed.

So, anyway, tomorrow we're back up to the ministry to do more painting/decorating...

No comments: