Friday, August 24, 2007

A very long week

This week was absolutely crazy here in the Ankenman household...I'll try to give you a day by day breakdown...

Monday:
The week started off slowly in that Eric spent a great part of the day at Miami painting and decorating, while I had inservice training and then had a going away get together/party with some friends for Jen and Drew who moved to NYC. So far so good, right???

Tuesday:
Another inservice day for me, and another long day at Miami for Eric. We pretty much crossed paths as he got home around 7 but I went out with Andrea, Rene, and Jen for a send off dinner. We didn't got to bed until 12ish, which meant that...

Wednesday:
We were both tired having stayed up late (or later than we should have) the night before. I was up by 5:45 to go to my first day of school. Quite the long day. Hot as all get out here in Cincinnati, and my school doesn't have air conditioning. Eric on the other hand was up to Miami by 8 that morning to start painting and putting the finishing touches on the ministry. As soon as I finished school, I went up to Miami and help Eric to continue to prepare.
All in all, we had 3 students stop by, and Eric left encouraged, but making some important realizations about how the ministry will work (which I think will be much different than any ministry I've ever heard of before)--but I'll let him tell you all about it in another blog (I'll try to get him to do that soon).
Unfortunately, being up there for the kick-off meant we didn't get back here until 12:30 or 1 ish.

Thursday:
So, I was absolutely exhausted on Thursday. Up at 5:45 again, although the kids were only in school until 12:30 because of the heat advisories. But I had to work until 3; thankfully there are select rooms (like the library and conference rooms) that are air conditioned--needless to say that's where all the teachers were after classes let out. Eric slept in some, and then was back up at Miami.
After work for both of us, we went down to Sebastian's for dinner (the great Greek gyro place we loved from CCU) and then to visit Brenda Lang in the hospital. She went in for emergency surgery on Monday night. Apparently some scar tissue she had wrapped itself around her bowels. She was about 5 hours from the bowels being completely constricted, which would have meant they eventually burst, and well...things would have ended quite sadly. But, she is doing awesome now. Incredibly she's in very little pain (considering) and has only been on Tylenols since the surgery...incredible to me (I'd be asking for all the morphine I could get).

Friday:
Same ole same ole with work (although again my kids were let out at 12:30). Tonight, Eric and I took a nap (well, in the afternoon), and we've been just relaxing since then. I finally finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. That was an intense series of books I'll just say that. But they were really good. I'm glad I waited until they were all out to read them. Now I don't know what I'll read, but I'm sure I'll find something :)

So yeah, I'll try to get on tomorrow and update how the job is actually going. But for now I'll just say that I think I'll enjoy it, but it will definitely be a test in patience...

Night all!

No comments: