Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Job Interview

I had a job interview today for a "secondary tutor" position at a local school system. I went into it not really knowing what to expect since the lady who called me didn't really know what the job required either. Basically the job would require me to work with smaller groups of students (5-ish) who are struggling--usually in math or reading. Now...since I'm not licensed to teach either of those subjects, tutoring someone, particularly in math, could be interesting. But I'm up for the challenge.

The didn't offer the job to me, but I get the impression they're still interviewing. So...we'll see.

In other news, a junior high social studies teaching position has been posted in one of the school districts I really want to work it. So, I applied for it. I think I'm gonna call them tomorrow and express more interest and perhaps see if they know when they will start interviewing. I'd really love to actually have a teaching job. But I really just want a job.

Pray for me if you would. Specifically for the teaching job, but really for either job at this point. Thanks!

No comments: