Monday, September 24, 2007

To Do Lists

I'm quickly learning that I am so much more productive during the day when I have a to do list. There's some strange gratification that comes from crossing off that last item on a to do list, crumpling the list up, and throwing it in the trash can. Plus, I think that when there's a tangible list of things to do, I'm much more likely to get off my fat butt and do something rather than simply sitting around and thinking about all the things I need to do :)

I'm definitely going to try to get into the habit of making these lists both for myself and for Eric. He does an amazing job of being productive during the day, but it seems like he gets a lot done except the things that he actually needs to do. He, like me, can be forgetful. And when I have something written down, it's much harder to forget.

My only fear is that the older I get (and especially when kids come) I will start to have so many things to do that I will lay awake at night visualizing that to do list and all the things I did not get done. For now, though, I thankfully do not have that problem. And maybe because of my to-do lists I will not get to that place. Who knows.

No comments: