Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another week gone...

First of all, to my wonderful husband, who for some reason thinks he has nothing to put on here, this is a reminder that you need to PUT SOMETHING ON HERE!!!

Ok, with that out of the way, I will do my best to recap yet another week gone by. I'm sorry that I've been so derelict on my blogging duties, but I like every other adult I know, just don't seem to have the time (or the energy) sometimes to do this. But, I've got it now, so here goes...

You'd think that with last Monday being a holiday, the week would have been a little easier...not so much. I was just as exhausted by Friday as I am in any other week. The last month or so have served as an excellent reminder of why God commands us to take a Sabbath. Unfortunately, I don't know too many people that are very good at saying "no" enough to allow themselves to have one. I'm going to try to make it a priority in my marriage and family to have at least one weekend every month where we're not busy all from Friday night to Sunday night. Who knows how that will work once we have kids, but just by virtue of the way I feel right now, at 25, I'm pretty confident that if I don't have some time to relax, I'll die. Eric and I literally planned a day off on Saturday this weekend, just to make sure that we get some rest.

Last Wednesday, we only had two students show up for free dinner. But, we're starting to be very thankful for those two people. We really now just want to make sure they keep coming and that we can be an influence on them (as scary as that feels sometimes). Still, we'd obviously like to have more students coming. So, send a little message up to God when you think about it.

This last weekend, one of my good friends, Becky Read, got married. She's now Becky Smyth. She and Dan, her husband, put together a very simple yet very romantic ceremony. They seem to be an excellent match for each other; I'm sure they're going to do awesome things.

Every time I go to a wedding, I find myself second guessing the wedding I had. Don't get me wrong, I loved our wedding. But, I see some of the things my friends have done and I think, "Man, I wish I'd thought of that." I think ultimately, I really just wish that we had hired a different photographer, and that we had actually hired someone to do to video. But, that's life, and I'm thankful for what we did have.

The Cardinals are stinking it up right now...just for what that's worth. But, we're playing Cincinnati tonight, so hopefully we can remedy our losing streak.

Hmmmm....what else to say...yeah, I got nothing.

My advice for the day: nothing beats a clean apartment. It's a great feeling. And someday I'd like to train myself to keep mine clean :)

1 comment:

Nate said...

If you do find a way to train yourself, please let me know.