Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bully: Scholarship Edition

No, the title is not referring to a new contact sport in middle school, or even a skill taught in P.E. Rather, this is my latest XBOX 360 addiction. During the Blizzard of '08, Eric and I decided we wanted to rent a video game to play while snowed in the rest of the weekend. After much searching, prayer, and contemplation we chose to rent "Bully: Scholarship Edition." Eric spent a great deal of time this weekend (while I was doing absolutely nothing other than watching him play--see previous blog entries) playing. I did not pick it up for the first time until yesterday. And I was absolutely hooked. So much so, I really want to buy this game. Alas, it costs $50, which would probably be better used on other things. But eventually I will get to the place where I really NNNNEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD the game, and then we'll break down and buy it.

In other news, IKEA opens tomorrow. Thankfully I do not have to work tomorrow, or Thursday. But I do have to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, which I'm sure will be rough. But, that's what I get for signing up to work there.

And, I have to give props to the great author of the blog Seldom Wrong, Never In Doubt, one Dr. Jon Weatherly (one of our favorite CCU professors), for turning out attention to this hysterical Onion articles. Keep in mind, for anyone who may not know what the Onion is, these are all spoof news articles. That disclaimer stated, you've got to read this article about the Shroud of Turin.

Please keep my Grandpa in your prayers (my Mom's Dad). I'd really appreciate it!

1 comment:

The Raving Prophet said...

Bully looks cool, but I heard it was a bit buggy, especially for the 360. I'd be more likely to pick it up if GTAIV wasn't right around the corner. They should have ported it a few months ago and I would have gotten it for sure. Now, I'm playing Orange Box until I get hold of the new installment of sandbox mayhem.