Friday, March 7, 2008

The Blizzard of '08

I've been in school in one fashion or another (as a student or teacher) for 20 years now. And I never remember getting out of school early for snow. Sure, we had snow delays and snow days, but we never got out early.

I guess there's a first for everything.

They're expecting somewhere between 2 and 10 inches of snow today. Quite a wide range if you ask me, but since our weathermen can't ever seem to get snow predictions right, I suppose they need a window that wide. So, we were let out of school today at 12:20. It was great.

Now I'm wondering what will happen tomorrow. We're supposed to have family and friends day at IKEA. But it's not supposed to stop snowing until Sunday. I'd be amazed if they canceled it, but it might be a little dangerous out there on the roads. So, we'll see.

No comments: