Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's Official!

Well, I am now officially an IKEA employee. I went in today and took my drug test. It was the most interesting thing. When I think of drug tests, I think of peeing in a cup or having blood drawn. Instead, I scraped the inside of my cheek with what looked like a small piece of white cardboard, then put it between my cheek and my gums for 3 minutes. It was weird.

Then, I got the tour. That place is like a small city. It's not completely built finished yet. The exterior is completely built, but there are some parts of the inside that they are still putting the finishing touches on. Most of the walls haven't been painted, and there's still a lot of display stuff that needs to be built, arranged, priced, etc. I think that's a lot of what I will be doing over the next month besides training to do my actual job (cashier).

I'm actually really looking forward to it. I'm not necessarily excited about working, and having to choose carefully my time off. But, I'm excited about the extra income, and I'm excited to work at IKEA.

In other news, Eric and I are really starting to take a larger role in our church. We're on a couple of creative teams, we're both on the set up/tear down team, as well as a couple of other teams. It kind of feels like life is about to get very busy and interesting. We'll see...

Be praying for us. I swear we get more grown up all the time!!!

No comments: