Friday, October 19, 2007

First Quarter Down

Well, today marks the final day of the first quarter of my school-year. I gotta say I feel like we're only now getting into a groove with this whole tutoring thing. But, starting next week, I will only be dealing with math, which I'm excited about. I remember now why I loved math so much in high school (so much that I considered being a math teacher). I still don't think I would want that to be my main subject area, but I am beginning to consider maybe trying to get my math certification. At the very least it would make me more marketable. I gotta check into it some more first. It may be financially not possible right now.

But, at the very least, hopefully only teaching math will make me enjoy my job a little more. Language arts just really isn't for me.

Eric and I applied for car and renter's insurance this week. So sarting next week, we'll no longer be dependent on our parents for that part of our life. Kinda of a weird feeling. I really feel like I'm continually having those moments of "adulthood." I know that's a good thing, but it's weird. Sometimes I wish we didn't have to grow up, just because responsibility can be a scary thing, but it's also freeing. I'm ready to have a salaried job...that would help a lot too. Someday, I know.

I just found out my mom is going to start her own business again--bookkeeping. So, pray for that. I hope she gets a lot of business. That would be awesome. And if you know anyone in the St. Louis area who needs bookkeeping or payroll services, tell them to look her up.

No comments: